Sunday, July 29, 2007

Live Earth

For this post I really wish I was a better writer. I want to try and get down in words what a phenomenal day it was but I am just not able to find the words.
I have to say that by the time this rolled around I was incredible underwhelmed. Things were hectic at work, and I still had my mind on Glastonbury, and as far as I was concerned there was no way that one day at Wembley stadium would every compete with that experience.

Steven made the decision that we should leave Putney at 8:30, and boy was I unhappy about that. I made it perfectly clear to everyone that I thought this was a ridiculous idea and that I was unhappy. Surely we would not be able to maintain a place at the front of the crowd for the whole day no matter how early we got there. But I got up at 7:30 and dragged my sorry as down to the station non-the-less. We got to Wembley way before the doors were due to open and queued for about 2 hours, and boy was I glad we did. We managed to get into the "pit" which was right in front of the stage. They only let a certain number of people in there so there was no over crowding , we even had enough space to spread out our picnic blanket and have a lie down between acts.

The sun shone the whole day and the performances just got better and better as the day went on. The Foo Fighters and Madonna were probably my highlights but in actual fact there were very few acts that I did not LOVE. I would have payed double the price to have been able to experience that day! Amazing!!!

No comments: