Wednesday, October 19, 2005

2 weeks to go

So in 14 days and 9 hours I will be greeting my family at the airport... some of you have not been away for 18 months without any family, but for those of you who have you can appreciate my excitment. I constantly find myself day dreaming about what I am going to do with them while they r here and have the whole airport scenario planned out in my head.
I have come to appreciate London even more now as I look at it through the eyes of someone who might come here for the first time. I've realised that I have walked passed the lights at Picadilly countless times now and hardly even notice that I am standing at one of the most recognised sights in the world.
I am also amazed by just how much history there is in this city. Every corner seems to have some interesting story to tell (I can take you to several street corners where Jack the Ripper got busy - wish I couldn't but there you have it!)
I am eagerly looking forward to exploring many more street corners with my brother.....
14 days 8 hours and 45 minutes.....

2 comments:

foxy_roxtar said...

this was almost a week ago! where's the commitment?? :-) more posts please!

Bron said...

hey...have had issues logging on..... and I feel this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black..... I dont harrass you. I just quietly log on day in and day out.....and cry myself to sleep at night