Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Grr - The British weather

You know, I have always been a firm defender of British weather. All too often I hear people complaining about the weather and normally I would be the first one to jump to Britain's defense. But in every battle there comes a time when one must conceded defeat......and I think for me that time has come.

THE WEATHER HERE IS SUCKY RIGHT NOW.

I love the rain....but only when I am safely indoors and in front of a fire place with a good book.... where I can gaze out of the window and day dream ("Friends" anyone). Last week however I had to venture out in what can only be described as a torential downpour. It less than a 5 min walk to the tube station, and in that time I managed to accumulate a swimming pool in each of my boots (yes boots). Luckily I was on my way to a bible study where I was able to remove my shoes but I am not sure of the girls opinion of me now that they have seen my big toe sticking out of my sock.
As you all well know my motto in life is "always be prepared" , so to that end I have started checking the weather forecast so that I know when to carry a brolly...... and we all know how reliable they are. Guess I will have to resign myself to the fact that this winter I am going to get wet....at least I don't have to worry about curly hair....lol

1 comment:

foxy_roxtar said...

that curly hair comment better not have been directed at anyone in particular...curly hair rocks!