Monday, October 23, 2006

The Atomatic: A concert review

My season of live music has officially kicked off. I dragged Rox, Jo and Steve down to the Astoria to see The Automatic.

We arrived at 7ish and found what looked like a very young and punky crowd. If I said we looked out of place I would be understating. We eventually got to the front of the queue after about half an hour just to be told we were in the wrong place and needed to be one door down. Quite embarrasing. We made our way through the rather confusing venue and managed to bag a little with a great view of the stage.

The support band were okay....couldn't have expected any more from them really. The Automatic however, rocked my world. They sounded just as great as on their album and I loved that I could sing along to every song (listened to the CD 5 times the day of the concert.....that's real dedication). My favourite was the "screamer" of the band. He is such and out there performer and I loved watching him throwing his body around. Sadly not everyone (steve) in our group was as enthralled by their performance as I was. All I can say is there is no accounting for some people's (steve's) taste.

So concert season is off to a good start, tonight is something compeletly different in the form of John Meyer. I have once again been trying to cram some of his songs into my little brain. I will be surprised if there is anything but music left in there by the end of the year.

No comments: