Friday, October 27, 2006

Another post about public transport

Since giving up the easy life and moving to the South West of London I have actually had to do battle with public transport on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong,I love having the freedom to be able to go anywhere (almost,) anytime (till 12pm) but seeing as I have been living here for 2 and a half years now I feel I have earned the right to complain a bit.
This morning I was rushing to get on the overland. I knew the train was about to depart and so I leaped onto the train....and got caught mid-leap in the doors. I felt like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth till the doors clamped shut, at which point I felt a lot of pain. Those doors mean business, nothing and no-one is going to stop them from closing, especially not little old me.
So after extricating myself and checking to make sure all my body parts had made it onto the train intact I glanced around to see most of the carriage staring at me.....I think I must have muttered (shouted) a few profanities at some point.....
I spent the rest of the journey staring out a window wondering how long till someone else would make an arse of themselves and take the heat off me.

Note to self, the next train will be along in 5 mins....it is never worth it to leap on the train just because it is about to leave!!!

No comments: