Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bitter sweet week

So it has arrived. My last week as nanny in the Kanerick/Greenhalgh household and I am just not too sure how to feel. One minute I am radically excited about living in the south with everyone else and the next minute I feel like screaming NNNNNOOOOOOOO.

I had Ian, Steve and Rox over for dinner last night and it was one of the evenings I love to have. Chilled out, food, wine and lots and lots of laughs. This house holds so many good memories of similar evenings and fun days with Saskia. It has been a wonderful year. I had no idea when I took this job that I would come to love these two people as much as I do and I am just so happy that they will continue to be a huge part of my life.

So I guess that is enough introspection. Looking forward, the rest of this year is definitely going to be amazing. Lots of live music, facing winter and looking forward to the prospect of inviting the new year in while skiing down some snowy mountain.

No comments: