Sunday, July 02, 2006

EN-GE-LAND


Yesterday I went out to SURBITON - Mainly for a fundraiser and to support a friend but we ended up watching the football in the pub we were in. I have to say that each game I watch gets a little more exciting and yesterday was the all important quater finals. The game wasn't terribly interesting. But the fans.... They were fantastic. The more tense it got the more they were singing and clapping. They would also shout random things like, "Get in" and "who are ya, who are ya". I happened to be sitting next to the biggest football fan who knew everything and really believed the england team could hear all the instructions he was shouting at them. I edged further and further away from him as he started repeatedly banging his hand on the table.

We lost, but it was by far the most enetertained I have been in a football game. England football fans are amazing.

No comments: