Friday, July 14, 2006

Numb

So Briggs pointed out on her blog that a new war started this week between Israel and Lebanon. And while I was totally aware of what was going on I had not acknowledged to myself that it was a war. To be honest I just thought it was an extention of Bush's attack on "terrorism". (?????)

I think I have become totally numb to the horrifing world attrocities. Although I have prayed for people in India after the bombing earlier in the week I haven't really spent much time thinking bout it. True I have a lot of my own problems on the go at the moment but I think it is more than that. I have just started blocking it out. I barely let the facts filter into my brain before I shove them right back out again. I don't know if it is selfishness or if it has just gotten to the point now where the world is so crazy and stuffed up that I am no longer shocked and surprised when these things happen. I almost expect them and so don't need to think about each actual event. The world does not seemed to have stopped bombing and fighting and dying since september 11 and I see no end to it. I've thought about giving myself a wake up call and having a serious look at the world I live in, and then I think, why bother..... cynical I know.

No comments: