Tuesday, July 18, 2006

sloppy

This weekend was hectic. Far from being the relaxing time I had planned I ended up filling the weekend with things to do as usual.
I managed to go out to dinner watch a dvd with friends, have a braai, go to Snetterton race track, Great Yarmouth and Cambridge all in one weekend. I am fairly impressed with myself. And while it was an entertaining weekend the most fun came from something small - Ian throwing my slip-slop into the middle of the pavement. I think the aim was to watch people's reaction and I have to admit it kept me amused for way longer than it should have. Most people just stepped over it, pretending it wasn't there. Some people did a double take (it is bright pink after all) and a few people made the connection with me on the embankment sans slop. As a self-confessed people watcher it was fascinating. Who needs to go punting down the river (though it was pretty) when all you need is a busy pavement and a slop.

No comments: