Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The long overdue Fall Out Boy concert review


I am a HUGE fall out boy fan. I have introduced all my friends to them and I've been waiting a year to see them live. So I my expectations for this gig were pretty high...and they went unmet. We arrived to hear the last few songs of the support act and I took the opportunity to check out the crowd... once again I was the oldest person there by years and at only 23 that was not a good feeling. Pretty much as soon as FOB came on stage the teeny bopper punks started moshing, things were out of control before they called for the "whirlpool" or whatever the moshers call it. The band had zero spark and at no point did it look like Patrick Stump was having a good time. Pete Wentz endless spinning around made me dizzy and don't even get me started on their half time entertainment freak show. If I wanted to see some guy jump through a table I would rent Jackass.
I had heard bad reviews about FOB's live performances but had refused to believe them... I guess I can't live in denial anymore!

No comments: