Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Trick or treat?


Last night I took Julie to see "Treats" for her birthday. If I am totally honest I didn't know a whole lot about the show before I booked the tickets, all I saw was some famous faces that I wanted to see a bit more up close and personally.
I haven't seen all that many plays (in other words non-musicals) and so I think my expectations were a little off. I basically expect a live movie. What we got was some real live crying and some jilted dialog. That's not to say it isn't good, but somehow without camera angles and lighting and music (and all the other movie magic) it's just not the same. And yes I know it's not supposed to be the same, as I said, my expectations are off.
In the end it was enjoyable and I got to see some stars and I feel a bit more cultured, but I can't claim that theater is my most favourite thing.

No comments: