Tuesday, May 29, 2007

One day older, one year older


Yes, this weekend I turned 24. I have to say that this year my expectations and excitement levels were at an all time low. There has been so much other stuff going on that it didn't seem to sink in that my birthday was upon me.

Luckily for me I have some amazing friends who
a) helped organise a celebration and
b) turned up and made the night worth while.
We started off at the Amused Moose comedy club. I was feeling a little apprehensive, cause if comedy is not great then it is just embarrassing. Luckily for me the three comedians were fantastic. It being my birthday I was very worriesd that one of my friend would draw attention to me and embarrass me. Sadly I do not need friends to draw attention to me as I am more than capable of embarrassing myself. During the one quite moment in the comedians witty banter I hiccuped....loudly, and it did not even take him 5 seconds to launch into me. I now have a new nick-name. But if you weren't there on sat night I'm afraid there is absolutely NO WAY I am going to divulge what it is.

Anyway....after the comedy ended we hung out for a couple minutes but the club emptied out faster than I could top up my glass of wine, so we headed out to Ghetto, were the music is kitsch and the men are "friendly", to dance dance dance the night away. The trip home was long, but fun filled and Jo will be forever known as McSleepy.

Thanks so so much to all y'all that pitched up. My night would not have been the same without you xxxx

No comments: