Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feeding my music addiction

Last night was the long-awaited Feeder concert. I knew it was going to be a good one but I had no idea how good.
We decided to stand instead of sit to get the full Feeder vibe and managed to get quite close to the front before the support act "Boy Kill Boy" started. They were pretty good, one of the better support bands we had seen. The place packed up pretty quickly and before we knew it Feeder came on stage and we were in the middle of a mosh pit. I mean a serious mosh pit. All I can say is thank the pope we had Steven there otherwise we would never have gotten out alive. He had to literally drag us out. We headed right to the back where all the old fogies and boring people were hanging out and proceeded to jump around like crazies for an hour and a bit. They played all the best Feeder tunes and through in a few covers for fun. I was equally entertained by the fifty something year old guys around me who knew more words to the songs than I did and who had more energy and stamina than I did....They were bouncing around and playing air guitar.....highly enjoyable watching.
So now I'm kinda sad.....I loved the concert so much but now it's over....Going to see some SA bands tomorrow night and then it is a month long wait for Kasabian and Snow Patrol (woohoo)Not sure how I am going to cope without my weekely gig, actually maybe now I will get to catch up on some much needed sleep.

No comments: