Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Drowned Alive


David Blaine can safely be described as a mad man. In his quest for, I don't know, fame, the man has spent 44 days in a glass box and been frozen in an ice block for 61 hours just to name a few. Now his latest idea is to spend a week under water and then to hold his breath for a record breaking 9 minutes. He is going to use air and feeding tubes to keep himself alive. I can't understand his motivation. I think he has by far proven that the mind is a powerful instrument and that most of us have no idea what we could do if put to the test. Now it just seems slightly masochistic and wierd and I am not sure who would want to watch some man suffering away in a human aquarium.
Having said all that I really really hope everything goes well for him on this one. He is a way braver (or mader) man than me. (though of course I am a woman not a man)

No comments: