Thursday, May 18, 2006

Parking off

It has taken me almost a whole week to write about this....The pain (and shame) has just been too great.

On Thursday afternoon Sas and I met Laura at the dentist for their appointment. At 5:20 (or whatever) I went out to put more money on the meeter and to my horror the car was going. Ever the South African my first thought was, was it was stolen??? (followed by is this actually where I left the car????) I went upstairs with dread to tell Laura the car had vanished....she was not impressed but was sure th car had been towed away and not stollen.
After phoning the city council and verifying that they had the car I went out and cornered the traffic warden....he obviously saw something in my eye close to rage (or desperation) and so he immediately pointed out that the sign had actually been facing the worng was and so I might have missed that this was a suspended parking bay....I promptly took down his badge number so that I could contest the fine at a later date. Sas was beside herself with worry and we had to go all the way to the pound to rescue the car (£200 later)

This is the second run in with the traffic department that I have had in as many months....I did not get out of it last time but I am hoping like hell that this time they pull their fingers out....I really can't afford to pay laura £200....keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!!!

No comments: